/_____-__ //
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

choking warning

22 February 2010 _ 12h24m34 EDT
related content: ,

After hot dog death, choking warning urged

CHICAGO – When 4-year-old Eric Stavros Adler choked to death on a piece of hot dog, his anguished mother never dreamed that the popular kids’ food could be so dangerous.

Some food makers including Oscar Mayer have warning labels about choking, but not nearly enough, says Joan Stavros Adler, Eric’s mom.

it’s hard enough trying to explain to a swede why the united states is in our top three (3) favourite countries, but the notion that we need warning labels to tell us that putting objects in our mouths carries the risk of choking or that we need help with the activity eating makes this country seem so incontrovertibly stupid, we will never win the argument.

Her son had eaten hot dogs before without any problem.

Hot dogs are “almost as American as apple pie,” she said. “You really don’t know how horrible it can be.”

agreed, we’ve surely never head heard anything horrible about hot dogs!

related content: ,

'jt' responds:


'anngav' responds:

is sweden one of your top three favorite countries?

'the angry red planet' responds:

anngav, you can’t rile me.

public response: